- Support us
- WPM Statement of principles
- Scientific Pantheism website
- Pantheism, Atheism & other isms
- Elements of Pantheism (handbook)
- Books on Pantheism
- Online Communities
- Local Groups
- Find Pantheists Near You [Members Only]
- Interest groups
- Start a group
- Unitarian Universalist groups
- About us
This page represents the views of the author, not of the World Pantheist Movement as a whole.
Pantheism as a way of life
"Pantheism means living my life authentically and not letting other people determine how I think or feel or act. Pantheism means truly living each day one at a time, because now is all there is. I realize how right it all is and how I’m part of it, as is every part of nature. It means knowing that when I die I am still part of it just in a different way."
Natural pantheism is not just a set of theories. It can be a way of life, giving a deep and strong grounding in reality to our whole approach to living, perceiving, feeling, and acting.
It can provide all the psychological services people derive from traditional religion, such as
- a supportive community of "fellow spirits"
- honest and realistic ways of coping with stress
- profound approaches to dealing with grief
- pathways to self-realization and self-renewal in the real world
To get these benefits from traditional religion usually involves accepting beliefs that defy common sense, reason and evidence. Often it means distancing yourself from body and world, thinking of life after death as more important than life right here and now, and submitting to a Deity who listens in to your every thought, who may one day plunge you into Hell and will one day destroy the earth as we know it.
These are heavy mental costs, and Pantheism carries none of them. Indeed it can enhance our enjoyment of life, our interest in science and nature, our sense of belonging right here in this universe, on this earth, in this body, in this our only life.
Of course everyone finds their own combination of what works best for them. We share daily insights on these issues in World Pantheism's mailing lists and message boards, especially the Community list and the Bulletin Board.
The pages below are intended as a provisional guide to approaches that may help you find your own way.
Life and Death
- Union with Reality: pantheist meditation techniques
- Pantheist perception: regaining the child's vision
Pantheist circles: Suggestions for weekly meetings
The Finest of Religion, Science,
Nature and Philosophy Bookstore